Online classes are offered for beginning, intermediate, and advanced private piano students. The structure of class is the same as an in-person class. We are able to play through and discuss pieces, play games, and compose. Between multiple video feeds on my end to show my face and hands at the same time and the screenshare function where I am able to annotate a student's book and show them, the quality of instruction is unchanged.
What You Need to Start Online Lessons
Not much! Just the following:
- an instrument (either keyboard or piano is fine)
- a computer or tablet set up to the side (see below picture for reference)
- a zoom account
- your books
- access to a printer to print out supplemental sheet music or a tablet to view it on
- a digital piano
- a laptop and second monitor
- overhead webcam to show my hands
- ring light for excellent lighting
- program that allows me to switch between various video feeds seamlessly through the lesson
- scanner to send supplemental music
- iPad with digital versions of all method books to screenshare and annotate for the student
What Lessons Look Like
Here are some screenshots from lessons to show what online lessons look like.
Online lessons even makes it possible to have lessons on the road so you don't miss out on a week!
Feel free to reach out with any additional questions!